Award for Schools
To promote the understanding of original art through first hand experiences and working with an artist in residences.
- To provide a ‘special’ experience that will enable children and young people to understand the way in which Josef Herman’s work was influenced by his stay in Wales.
- To promote the use of drawing as a tool for learning.
- To develop ideas through using digital media to create responses to memory and place in the form of short animations and or films.
- To encourage greater access to the collection of original work held by the Josef Herman Art Foundation Cymru.
- To promote co-operation across counties
The Project will Consist of:
- A three-day artist-led project
- Day 1 at Ystradgynlais with the artist in residence, following in the footsteps of Josef Herman, viewing the valley, the chapels, houses and the studios where he worked. Exploring the area and its influence on Josef Herman. Based at The Welfare, children and young people will be able to look at a collection of original works displayed.
- Days 2 and 3 working with artist in residence in school developing art techniques with a particular emphasis on drawing and digital animation and film.
- A sharing of the work achieved by children and young people through an exhibition of work with a Private View and celebration of achievement.